Friday, October 31, 2008

Vintage Halloween

As promised here is my Halloween post of my friend Marion's house. I took these pictures several weeks ago right after the Warrenton Antique Show and I almost couldn't wait to show them to you. I'm like a little kid with excitement when I go to her house. Everywhere you turn, she's just got this creative display going on. I remember when she was in the antique business, I knew she was going to decorate her booth every month depending on the season or holiday. I couldn't wait to see what great things she had found and what she was going to do with them. Sometimes, I would go to the antique shop and wait around for her to finish her displays, just so that I could see what she'd brought in. I knew if I waited until the next day the best stuff would already be gone. Well, that's how I feel when I go to her house. She has this creative eye and to see what she is going to do with the things she finds is just awesome. Sometimes I look at what she's bought and I think I don't see the possibility. But, once I see what she had in mind "I get it"!!

This is her kitchen window, spooky!!


Even her back porch gets made over with the season:








This is in her kitchen:


Dare if you enter into her bathroom:






Look, doll heads on her hallway table:


This is in her front bedroom:




Have you ever seen so many old Halloween masks:







This is her dining room:






This is her living room:










Hope you enjoyed the tour. Happy Halloween!!

13 comments:

  1. Wow! This is one of those posts that I'll have to look at over and over again, just to attempt to take it all in. I like the pumpkins spilling out of the fireplace. And the masks. And the chalkboard. Wow! Thanks! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how much I love that sign-Graves Flying Svc? It screams Halloween. Want it, need it, must have it. BTW, how hard is it to get graves in the air? Tn'T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the tour was worth the wait. I was not disappointed. Like Mindy said, I'll be looking at the pics over and over to take it all in.

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was great, thanks for the tour! I can't imagine what it must be like to see it all in person ... something absolutely wonderful to see no matter which way you look, I bet.

    Happy Halloween!

    -Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a tour, I loved all the pictures ......... I saw so many neat things I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marions house is so mcuh fun!
    Theothertheresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great!! But for some reason I have this bad feeling about Ouija boards. They creep me out. I know I have played with those as a kid but I don't think I'd do it today. Freak anyone else out? Peg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Halloween items! and so much of it :) I loved the tour!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! What a treat to look are her place. So many ideas! There is soooo much to look at in each picture. Thanks for the tour.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY...and I thought I had stuff...love the costumes hanging on a clotheline...I'm gonna have to do that next year, as my backyard clothesline faces the highway...would that be a hoot, all the goblins waiting for their costumes to dry...ha!

    sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. I visit your blog often. Thanks for visiting mine. I love how I can see every antique show and shop through your blog. I am adding you to my list of bloggers. Thanks again, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing I loved it all! Way to go Marion!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: