Monday, February 15, 2010

Benefit for Deb & Matt

If you've ever went through any kind of disaster, fire, flood, then you know just how hard it is to pick up the pieces and start over.  Let alone clean up the mess and wondering just where to begin.  Back in January, Heritage Haus B&B owners, Deb Taylor and Matt Hager were away on vacation and returned to find their home had been flooded due to a 4 day freeze of cold weather and the pipes had bursted.



Her friends have joined together to help them with a benefit this Saturday, Feb. 20th, starting at noon at Lizzy Lou’s on the Square in Round Top Texas.  Please join them for an afternoon of good fun, great food and fabulous live music!

Matt and Deb have been working very hard to get their place restored.  Unfortunately, it will not be ready for the Spring antique show! Insurance is not covering the loss of income. So many friends have banded together to help them with their loss.

There will be:

Great Food !

Gumbo by the “Gumbo King” Daniel Marks

Pizza from Nancy & Chuck Sullivan’s pizza wagon

Juicy hot dogs courtesy of Danny Riebling

Baked goods from all their friends!

Live Music!  Courtesy of the 30 Naked Toes

You can read about what all they've been going through on Deb's blog.  I hope if you are near this area you can stop by to help out Deb and Matt!!!!!!  It's for a good cause.

UPDATE: There's also going to be a Silent Auction!  To Donate an item – contact Diane Tovey at 713-419-8757 or 979-278-3688 or dtovey@theglassanvil.com

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do for them ... I've had this happen just 2 weeks after we bought our home, so I know exactly how they feel & what they are going thru.

    Have a beautiful day!
    Hugs, Marydon
    www.blushingroseboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do something to help out but I'm a little too far away. Is there somewhere that I can mail a donation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awful thing to happen to them, sweetpea! I KNOW because I returned to our old house once with the basement flooded from an irrigation leak and water spurting up in the back yard like a geyser! I just sat down and cried because I had just put Love Bunny on a plane to Texas and it was just ME. Luckily, the bishop of our ward came over with some men and got the water and carpet out of our basement. So I can understand how they feel, sugar. Good luck with the fund raiser for them.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How terrible T! I wish I were closer cause I'd be there for sure.

    Hugs,

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I survived the flood of 93' in Iowa...don't ever want to go through that again!

    My best to them for a speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how tragic, so nice you are doing that. have to check out the auction.
    thanks...
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I can't take credit for this benefit. I just wanted to help them get the word out. Thanks to all that have stopped by and offered a kind word for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to help too, but mile wise, there's just no way...
    But I could donate something (?) if I knew what and where to...
    Thanks for getting the word out for them. That's what keeps this nation going...all us helpers..

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great friends you all are, but I would expect nothing less from you Texans :) I will praying that all goes well for your event and for them.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a true friend indeed! I'm so far away but I'm sending love and prayers their way.

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is heartbreaking. I pray they can recover quickly from this disaster.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: