Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Clean Slate

This is the last few days of the year.  Soon 2011 will come to a close and a new year will begin.  It just seems that the years, months, seasons seem to fly by.  Is it that I noticing time flying by or do you notice it too.  I don't really like making New Years Resolutions, partly because I don't keep them and I'm not sure they totally represent what I want in the New Year.  But what I do love about the beginning of a New Year is the feeling of a clean slate, the chance to start over. 

There's a joyful presence I seem to feel with a new year. A chance to do something different, maybe something I've been longing to do but have put off.  I just feel a newness in the air.  A new beginning.

Photobucket

I also like to reflect on all that has happened in my life this past year.  It gives me a sense of thanksgiving for all that has occurred in my life, whether good or bad.  It helps me to also think about what things I'd like to change or do differently.  I know we sometimes don't embrace change but change can be good.  A chance to learn more and grow from it.

I also hope you'll be watching for my next post that will come out hopefully on January 1st.  I got the chance to visit a dear friend's Special Place this past week and I can't wait to show it to you.  Her vignette's are so inspirational and she's truly an amazing decorator, creator of vintage re-purposed things, and just a really good friend. 

I want to wish you all a very safe and Happy New Years.  Here's to new dreams and adventures.  See you in the new year!

16 comments:

  1. I feel the same way in January. I don't do resolutions, but it does feel like a fresh start. Time just evaporated last year. I wonder if the time goes faster for bloggers? Anyway, thanks for the inspiration, and Happy New Year, T.! I hope it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts. I've been following for a while now and always look forward to them. I hope you have a great new year! Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. May 2012 be full of abundant Blessings, unlimited possibilities and the Happiest of Memories!

    Can't wait to see your January Vignette Post!

    Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you about January. I always feel like I can do things I've always wanted to do and wipe the slate clean as well!
    The time does fly by way too fast! My kids are growing up so fast and sometimes I wish I could stop time for just a moment and savor it just a bit more!
    I can't wait to see your new post.
    I hope you have a wonderful week Theresa and Happy New Year!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I'm on the same page with you about a New Year. It is, indeed, a new beginning, a do over, a chance for a fresh start. I love this time of year. When I start a new year, I "hope", I always "hope" for the best. And the not so good stuff that we all go through, I try to use as a tool, a learning lesson. In case I don't get a chance, "happy new year" Theresa! Here's to an awesome 2012!!

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time seems to have evaporated...
    things have changed. Looking forward to a new beginning too. Have a very happy new year my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your blog with me these past years. You've been such an inspiration. I look forward to all that the new year will bring.

    Smiles,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. wishing you all the best in 2012!

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey T
    Wishing you an abundance of joy and happiness to you and yours this very new year!
    Clean slate... woohoo!
    Blessings
    RE

    ReplyDelete
  10. With change, comes learning, and from that comes the opportunity to fly. I plan on sprouting wings on my feet in 2012 and I wish the same for you...although I swear up and down...I sometimes do believe you must have wheels on your a$$ the way you get around.
    Happy New Year my friend.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pray the new year bring all that you need it to....I am thinking of change in a good way ...finely. Blessings T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol I agree with Trash talks @ the wheels! :))
    I was in Canton this Wed and Thurs. The white oval frame on your page looks just like the one I picked up - wanted-sit back down-ran back to buy-but was gone !!
    Were you in Canton too???
    Would love to have seen you! I so enjoy your blog Teresa!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sheree, I bet it was the same frame. I was through there early buying things. It was funny because there was these two girls that I kept running into and they mentioned to me that I didn't mess around when it came to buying. I was on a mission. Email me next time you go, I'd love to visit with you.

    Happy New Year to you all, T

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss you, Have a wonderful New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss you, have a wonderful New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to pieces, my friend!
    Wishing you a blessed and Happy New Year!
    See you soon!
    XOXO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for following: