Saturday, February 04, 2012

Meet Heather

I wanted to introduce Heather Von St. James to you.  She's contacted me a while back and I was happy to share her story of surviving cancer.  Surely we've all heard or know of someone that has gone through this ordeal.  I lost my mother in law to this aweful disease.

Heather writes that she herself is a mother to a little 6 year old daughter and she is her only child; she is her whole world (yes I can relate, my boys are my world to me as well)!.
 
The very beginning of daughter’s life was a little more turbulent than she had hoped for. When she was just 31/2 months old, Heather was diagnosed with Mesothelioma; a type of cancer that kills 90-95% of those who have it. As I’m sure you can imagine, the first thing that came to her mind when she was diagnosed was her baby girl and how she wasn’t going to be able to watch her grow up.

After all that, Heather is still here 6 years later and cancer free! She aims to turn her pain into purpose and become someone that other parents can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like her own. I hope you'll check out her site and enjoy reading her story. 

You can check out her blog at: http://www.mesothelioma.com/blog/authors/heather/

It details the struggles she went through as a new mom diagnosed with cancer.  I hope you'll stop by and visit her site.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. May God continue to bless beautiful Heather family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm headed over to meet her now T., thank you for sharing her with us! t.xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to hear of miracles...thank you

    <3 deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psst..Sweet T...your loving heart is showing.
    I'm still waiting for that video.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. T.. you've got a heart as big as TEXAS!

    Loved seeing you and your Mr.Sweet yesterday... though I visit was short... I can't wait to see the treasure you found... I'll keep my eye out for ledgers and diaries... you never know what one might come across in their travels!

    hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: