Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Display Windows & Antique Shows

Hello all, hope you've had a great day.  I've been seeing here lately where people are having trouble posting pictures to blogger and now I understand because I had this same problem too.  I couldn't seem to figure out what was going on with blogger?  I figured out the problem.  I had been using "INTERNET EXPLORER" to sign in to blogger and the option for loading pictures was blocked, so I switched to "MOZILLA FIREFOX" and it allowed me to upload pictures.

I just had to share the newest thing going on at The Antique Company Mall in McKinney Texas.  You may have read the other day where I shared with you that the Mall had been bought by new owners and they were now on Facebook and have a Blog.  They are also working on a new website.

Their newest post mentions they now have a "display window" in their store.  Maybe you don't know what this is, but it's where a different theme is used each month, various merchandise is used from the vendors throughout the Mall, and it gives you an idea of what you might find inside the store.  Many times when you drive up to an Antique Mall, you may be new to the area and have no idea what's inside the store but when you see a fabulous display window it automatically draws you in.  Or at least it does for me.

I started out in a local mall that used to do this.  Each season a vendor in the mall would use various merchandise for the theme they were putting together.  I really looked forward to seeing what new theme would be next and I always seemed to find a treasure or an idea to use from the windows.

If you are a shop owner and have a big display window and don't use it, maybe other than storage, then that's too bad.  It's like a calling card for your shop.  Take a look at the beginnings of their window:



 I hope you'll go over and show them some blog "love" either on Facebook or their Blog.

On another note, we'll be in Brenham this Saturday and Sunday for the:
RURAL TEXAS MID-WINTER ANTIQUE SHOW AT:
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS HALL
2804 GUN & ROD ROAD
BRENHAM, TX 77833

Admission $5.00 Kids Free
Sat 9 to 5 Sun 10 to 4
 
I have some really awesome news to share with you soon about two new locations that I will be moving my antique business to.  I just couldn't pass up these opportunities and will share more with you about this soon.  I'll also still be at Heritage Antiques in Lufkin Texas as well, but will be moving to a bigger space there as well.  
 
New adventures are happening for 2013 and it's going to be exciting! 

8 comments:

  1. I'm hearing about this Mozilla option and wonder how to get it and if it changes the Blog? I like the way my Blog looks now and so I'm timid to switch to something different lest it mess everything up I've so carefully cultivated?! *LOL* That happened once and I was in a near panic until I could restore everything almost to the way it was... but what an ordeal! Right now I'm directly loading to my Picasa Web Album which works but is rather labor intensive compared to the Internet Explorer function. Wonder what 'Blocked' it because not everyone is having this problem? Thanks for giving us yet another alternative though in case Blogger never gets this straightened out... its been too long already that they haven't reacted to the problem.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble loading photos too and had to go in via Google Chrome. Can't wait to hear more about your new locations!! I'm feeling like 2013 is going to be a GREAT year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like the eyes are the windows to the soul, so are windows to the soul of a shop. Did I say that right? lol
    Seriously, if the window lacks imagination, it's hard to get excited about going in to a shop.
    Good luck with your new venues and shows!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comments are so true about window displays drawing one into a shop. And what a tease you are about your two new venues! Can't wait to hear where they are. Best of luck on your shows this weekend and next.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the ACM shout out!
    You will have to come up to McKinney
    and help us with the next window
    display!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Theresa . . . switched to google chrome and we're back in business !! Just 2 months til WARRENTON !! BIG HUGS, JOE & GLENN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! I was a dealer at ACM for 12 years. I'm so happy to see it's still so awesome and wonderful. I love what they're doing for window displays. BTW, I've had terrible problems with uploading pics too. Tried Firefox, but don't really like using it. Oh, well, all for the love of junk and blogging, right? Peace, love, and all the best stuff to ya!xxoos

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: