Thursday, February 05, 2009

Trend Setters

Are you a Trend Setter? I've always loved unique style, not a cookie cutter, copy cat style that everyone can buy from a store, but more of a unique style that you can put together with one of a kind items. I guess that's why I'm so drawn to antiques. Not everyone will have what you find and while they may find similar items, most of the time it is not exactly the same. Only you can put your own unique style on an item, a room, a display, or an idea. That's how it is with me. I'll see something that will inspire me and then I see something else and the mix of the items is what makes it unique.

Here are two companies, Lexington and Ralph Lauren, that continually inspire me with their collections and while yes you can find their style at a store and yes I just contradicted what I said about not wanting cookie cutter style, I think it's the ideas these companies present that will allow you to find similar items to get the look with a different twist, and besides who doesn't love Ralph Lauren. I've mentioned before that would be the dream job to work for his company.


(Photo: Lexington Company)







(Photo's above: RLHome)


(Photo: Lexington Company)

Take time for yourself, relax, do something you've been wanting to do! Take what inspires you and create your own style.

18 comments:

  1. So true. We all have to find inspiration somewhere and when you find the look you like go for it. Put your own stamp by using what you have to imitate the feel you are trying for. Thanks for the comment. So sorry to hear about your nephews. Life can be so sad sometimes but the little joys like living the life you choose and connecting with kindred spirits like you can lift us up. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great pictures. Quite inspirational. I know what you mean. We can all pick up screens on the side of the road. It's how we surround them that makes them more than trash. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I think I need to determine if I have a style. What I like to decorate my house with and what I decorate me with are two different things. Can I do that? Plus what I like to sell is even different from the above 2. Decisions, decisions! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful thoughtful post. I've discovered over these past months I've learned to stay "true" to myself. After the "long" day I've had today this really touched my heart.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. My difficulty has always been that I seem to like it all! Though "my style" has become a combination of vintage and nature I just find that I like so many other things as well. Ralph Lauren style is so casual yet elegant at the same time, so very appealing to me as well. Nice post, it made me think, no cookie cutters around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! I have often found items that inspired me and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. Once I use the item then everyone loves it:) I enjoy seeing different styles and I admire the creativity of others even when it's not my style:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I consider myself ecclectic because I like many style. Love your blog and am looking forward to Urban Market on Sunday....woohoo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your words and pictures. "You" my dear, are definitely a trend setter with your "own" stamp with your own "style" which is wonderful and inspirational. It's too bad that I live so far away and see it only twice a year at Zapp! Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post!!! You are inspiring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Theresa! Inspiration is awesome and whats so great is the multitudes of different peoples inspiration. You are inspiring and I thank you for that....Talk to you later girl....Tiina...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't say I am a trend setter, but I don't run with the pack. I really don't like matchy matchy, and the slick magazine look. My home is filled with garage sale finds, and redo's. Hardly anything matches, I am not a shabby anything girl, altho I do have some white furniture. If it makes me smile it is part of my decor, if not it is back in the garage sale. Thank you for the thoughtful question. I am new to your blog hope to return. TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE RL!!! Gorgeous photo with the khaki, creams, taupes. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This week you picked my all time favorite designer! thanks for the pictures - it reminded me about "classic style" and how it will outlast all the trends and fads. I have left something for you on my Blog, come by when you have time. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love visiting the Ralph Lauren store in la Cantera in San Antonio. I don't go to look at the clothes - I go for the displays! they have some great antique pieces and I always want them!! I have passed on a little friendly award to you that was given to me.Check my post "A Thank you and and a House" to see it.

    Do with it what you wish - it is a bit of work to pass on so no obligation. Always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the RL look, absolutely.

    Great post, Theresa!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I agree with every inspirational sentence! :) chris

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: