Friday, June 19, 2009

Where Did The Road Lead Us?

Pour yourself a cold drink, this is a long post and you won't want to rush through it. Besides there are many slide shows and I know you'll want to see them all. It's taken me over a week to get this post done. With trying to get my things together for the Red Barn Antique Show at the end of the month and working and battling the heat was almost unbearable. To finish TOT's and I whirlwind Texas trip, after attending Ms. Judy (see previous post) home show, we continued on down the road. After we left Kilgore, we headed to Tyler and stopped at one of my favorite places. From there we headed to Dallas to check out Gina and Portia's Garden Sale. Here is a pic of their fun sale:


Click on the above picture to see the slide show of their sale.


Last Friday, we first made a pit stop at Jo Harman's in Quinlan. What a great time we had with Jo. She is the best and finds the coolest stuff. Here's a preview of what she had:


Click on the above picture to see the slide show of Jo's place.

From Jo's, we made a quick detour to J'Rne in Terrell. Here's what we saw here:

Click on the above picture to see more of J'rNe's.

From there we headed down the road to Lonestar Antique's in North Richland Hills to meet Ms. Tiina and daughter and we were in search of more things.

Want to see what caught our eye at Lonestar's, click on the above picture.

We also made a quick stop at Golightly's:


This is Lynn's space at Golightly's. Again click on this picture to see more of Golightly's. There was plenty to be found in both shops. Don't you wish you could have tagged along.

Finally, our last day on Saturday we were at the opening of Winnie and Tulula. What a celebration we had with the opening of this great shop. Please stop by when you get a chance and check out these vendors. Click on the picture of Lillie and Deb and you'll see more great shots of things you'll see at Winnie and Tulula's. I know you will want to make a quick trip there after seeing these pics:



Click on the above picture to see more of Winnie and Tulula.

Our final stop of our whirlwind trip was in Malakoff to visit Curious Goods and The Junk Palace. There are so many new shops that have opened in this small town and unfortunatley we did not get a chance to check them all out. If you make a road trip this way let me know what you found and what you think. Click on the below picture to see the slide show.

The Junk Palace in Malakoff Tx.


Curious Goods, Malakoff Tx.

We were both pretty tired from our trip, but we had the best time! Next time though, I think we'll hire a designated driver and we'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

9 comments:

  1. See, this is why Cat Daddy drives Miss Lazy around. Y'all thought I was just crazy...crazy like a fox I tell ya! Now you gotta teach Cruz how to get out and wave at you if there is anything good to buy. That's the only way to shop!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cursing my big grrrl job and all 1500 miles between me and TX. This looks like a dream trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. T- Thanks for sharing your trip with us! You went to several of my favorite places, LOL! I hope that TOT got her box truck all filled up, and that she will drop it all off and head back to Texas real soon. Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fabulous things! Wish I could have been there.
    Hope you have a great weekend (and a rest!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gracious!!! How did you all get out of those great shops, without breaking the bank? There were to many treasure for me.
    First time to visit your blog, I am going to explore more.
    Thanks for the great tour and have a great weekend!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO want to shop in Texas. One of my dealers, Gloria Hill, is always shopping there and I'm so jealous. As always, thanks for the photos, I loved them!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -so many great displays and I love that you click on to a slide show -how cool! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just discovered your blog...AMAZING! Just getting ours started and we have a lot to learn from you. A friend from the Funky Monkey (Lisa) told us to scope you out as you are the best. Thanks for visiting LoneStar...one of your pictures is of our booth (the pink booth). It is an honor to be included.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: