Friday, November 13, 2009

The Buzz at Uncommon Objects

If you are curious about what's going on at Uncommon Objects Antiques in Austin Tx, it's always a happening place.  Things are sold, it never remains the same and you just never know who will be seen there.  One of the new things going on in Uncommon Objects is that Donnie Volkart, who you may have seen at the Gone To Texas Show in Round Top, has moved in.  I couldn't wait to come and check out his booth when he told me that he had been asked by Steve to join this wonderful group of vendors. 

Here's his booth:





 I included pictures of Jeanette's booth (all in her new pink colors), Linda Parker, and other random shots throughout the store, hope you enjoy:







 

 

 

 

 

 

Also, I was told by several that Diane Keeton was recently seen in the shop.  I would love to meet her in person, she's one of my favorite actresses. 



Hope you all have a awesome weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Wow...looks like you had fun as usual. I love it all, but the shabby dresser with the pink lamp is GREAT. The basket of flowers picture rocks toooo! Thanks for sharing all this wonderful stuff.
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shop looks amazing. One of these days I'm coming to Austin. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the pictures, but then again, I always do. Diane Keaton has come into Country Roads a lot over the years. She is just the best, very laid back! When you talk with her, you forget that she is a famous actress until you see one of her movies. I remember one time on a Saturday she had come shopping. Her and I were talking, and I lost track of time and the counter became really busy. Customers were asking Katie, "is that really Diane Keaton". As I said, she is just the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled into your blog. Great...I love all your vintage things. Diane Keaton is a favorite of mine also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Uncommon Objects is a great store. Loads and loads of inspiration. My only gripe is they close too early. Any store on So Co should stay open past 8pm, I missed out last time I was there!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw too many things I want. Glad I can't go. Diane is on the cover of MORE mag this issue. Great story about her. She is really an odd duck - love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really exploring alot of cool places here lately, I wish I could tag along on the journey! Great pics, Hugs, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Diane Keaton too. What a fabulous shop to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous! I love going shopping with you! xxo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theresa ~ I've said it before, THANK YOU for sharing all these wonderful photos! You take me places I'd never get to see if I didn't visit your blog. Have a blessed Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for Donnie! What an amazing opportunity! He's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went to Bloom & Bee Swanky's on Saturday. Amy said you got to make it to the Open House Thursday night. I somehow got the date wrong & thought the Open House was Friday night (not Thursday). Good thing my friend JoAnn went on the blog & found out the error before we drove ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that way down there. Sorry I missed meeting you there. Would have loved to. Can't get my card reader to read my flash card so there is no photos to post. I bought a Starbucks in Waco & thought of you (no I had forgetten to put my Starbucks card from you in my purse).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that shop!!! So many goodies and I would love to meet Diane Keaton too!! I always use her hairstyle pics when getting my hair did!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: