Friday, March 12, 2010

28 Years Ago Today

Our oldest son was born.  I can't believe how fast time flies and he has grown from a sweet baby to a handsome man.  I'm so proud of the man he's turned out to be.  Let me tell you a little bit about him.  He came into the world on March 12, 1982 at 7pm.  He was such a tiny thing (6lbs, 8oz).  His first word was ball, which is kind of funny when most kids first words are momma or daddy, so this I belive set the course of what his favorite sport would be.  He played baseball from the time he was 5 until his senior year.  See what I mean by his first word setting the course.  He still plays ball in his spare time or you can find him on the golf course (like today).  He's taken the day off to play one of his favorite sports, golf, and what a beautiful day it's turned out to be.


 
We'll be celebrating with him this weekend, so there'll be more pics to come.  Happy 28th Birthday to my baby!!  I think everyone should have a week or weekend of celebrating their birthdays, right. Please check back for where we go for his birthday.  He's already told me where he wants to eat and it's one of our most fav places to go.

I also wanted to wish a very Happy and special birthday to Ms. Bella and Brandy, who along with her mother hosted the Accumulations show this past Wednesday and Thursday.  We celebrated with Brandy and the rest of the crew that was at the show.  Please also check back for the awesome friends that were here for their beautiful displays.  I'm sure Deb, Cat Daddy, Jenn and the rest of the family will be having a HUGE birthday celebration for Ms. Bella's day.  Hope both of you have a wonderful Birthday today!!

17 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son.....mine was also tiny at birth,barely 6 lbs.

    He turns 19 today too :)

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be a birthday weekend in a lot of places! A Happy Birthday to your son. Can you believe how fast time flies?
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and Happy Birthday to you baby son... My son was born in March also... it was a good month!
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you too, Theresa. After all you did all the work!!! LOL! Have a great celebration weekend!
    love,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. "TIME", how quickly it passes. My babies are now 26, 28, and 30!! There are times I have to pinch myself to believe that. And now I have two little granddaughters that are 3 years old, and nine months, and a baby grandson due in July. WOW! Happy Birthday to your son, and congrat's to you. I can tell how proud you are of him!
    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bday to your son!

    We so want to attend your blog party on the 28th, but we won't get in til the 30th! Bummer, we will stop by to say Hi in Zapp Hall! We will be bloggin about our whole trip and wondered if you would mind doing a short interview with us? Let us know.

    Linda & Dixie
    The Funky Junk Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!!
    Birthday weekends are great, but a birthday week is even better!!!
    Enjoy your dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh to have young children, mine is 41...might be young to some, but my grandson is 22...guess that makes me 60ish...dern it!!!

    Happy Birthday everyone!!!

    I always love your headers, makes me wanna go shop!!!(in Texas)

    s

    ReplyDelete
  9. March 12 must be a special day for special babies! Happy birthday to your son. I hope you both enjoy the day (after all, you get to celebrate too since YOU were there doing all the work!).
    We're having a family party Sunday for Bella. Jenn is taking her to the NICU this evening to celebrate with the nurses who took care of her last year.
    Debbie
    P.S. I hope your show was great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, young man! And to everyone else, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your son!!! I am a March baby, too... My oldest is almost 15, can't even imagine getting to 28!!! Congrats to the proud mama, too!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your son!
    My oldest daughter turns 24 in May, time surely does fly. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your son and congratulations to you for giving him birth....Hope that you have fun this weekend celebrating. sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to your sweet son!

    Hugs,

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. 28?? You don't look even close to be ing old enough to have a child that's 28! I need to start drinking some of your water - lol!

    I think that the moms should get the gifts on their child's birthday. =)

    Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday to your son and to you I think the mom should get to celebrate just like it is her birthday to... I know I always do with my mom and hope to carry that tradition on with my Bella. Have a good weekend see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday to your baby! you don't look old enough to have a 28 year old! so sorry i missed the show this week....i had a small window of opportunity to come and it slammed shut without warning. grrr. hope it was a great show and can't wait to hear all about it! soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: