Friday, September 16, 2011

Huntsville Antique Show

****REMINDER ~ THE SHOW IS THIS WEEKEND****

It won't be long before the antiquing season starts again in Texas.  You can kick off the season by stopping in Huntsville and checking out the Huntsville Antique Show.  This marks the Huntsville Antique Show's 8th Year, which is held once a year at the Walker County Fair Grounds in Huntsville Tx, just three miles west on Highway 30.  There are over 50 quality vendors coming from all over the U.S. as well as a food vendor.  This venue is air conditioned so you can shop regardless of the weather.  It starts on Saturday, September 17 at 10:00 am and continues through Sunday, September 18.  Admission is $5.00 per person and is good both days, children under 12 are free.  There is plenty of parking and porters are available to assist you with loading your purchases to your vehicle.  Huntsville is centrally located from Dallas, Houston, Austin, Brenham or whatever direction it's easy to find. 

Photobucket

Frederic Morris operates the show and there's something for everyone, with a wide array of antiques to suit every budget and taste, from Americana, Primitives, Modern, Country, fine Estate Jewelry, coins, Glassware, Vintage Boots, Turquoise to pottery and linens, you never know what you might find here.  Several vendors have been with the show since the beginning.  I've set up at this show at least three times and it's an easy show to do with loading in and out very convenient.  The best part is that it is air conditioned and you don't have to battle the heat.  If you are looking for an antique show to either sell at or visit, you should check it out. 

Frederic's love for antiques is what got him started with the show.  I read that after visiting an antique show in another town, he inquired if merchants were benefiting from it and once they said "yes", then brainstorming with friends on how to get more people to visit Huntsville, one thing led to another and the show was born.  It originally started with several friends but he is now managing the show.  He has several booths in local antique shops, A Nitsch in Time and Sam Houston Antique Mall, and is very knowledgeable when it comes to a wide variety of antiques and collectibles.  He's also known for his estate sales that are held locally.

Frederic and friends normally travel all year throughout Texas advertising for the show.  The show is promoted on several online sites, newspapers, and Billboards.  Huntsville is located about 70 miles from Houston on Interstate 45.  

You can literally make a day of visiting Historic Huntsville.  It's home to General Sam Houston and the museum and park in downtown is a big draw to tourists.  There are several antique and specialty shops and eateries in Huntsville. 

Be sure and get there early.  For more information, visit Frederic's Blog, website, or Facebook Page.

8 comments:

  1. I must make a pilgimage to Texas to attend these shows. They are always so visually inviting. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool, I saw "Huntsville" and I went whaaaaaat? But we are so far away from Texas, the Huntsville we have in Utah is about 15 minutes away :(
    Have a great day!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. You alllll Texan's sure know how to put on an antique show. I wish I lived closer. Richard from My Old Historic House.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful...wish I were able to go for the weekend...be sure and get lots of pictures so,I can see what I missed :) ...blessings on your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wish I could check out this market. Maybe next time I visit Dallas (hubby's family is there), I will look for your latest shows.
    Thanks for your nice comment on my angel wings post. To answer your question, I just formed the wings with my hands into a wing-like shape. I twisted the two open ends of the hanger together at the top middle of the wing (which ends up being covered by the twine). Guess I was just 'winging' it (ha ha)!
    Hope that helps if you decide to make one. - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for the wonderful posting! We are very excited about our dealers this year. Hope to see you all there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for keeping us up-dated on the Huntsville show. Hope it cools down before showtime. It's 109 on my back porch today. Thanks for commenting on the Mexican Tourist Pottery. Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just learned something. I had no idea that Huntsville had an antique show. I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: