Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'll Take Leftover's Anytime

Anytime you get the chance to visit Leftover's Antiques in Brenham Texas you should always go, don't pass up the chance if you can stop and visit a while.  I absolutely adore Michael and Ed and the destination place they've created in Leftover's Antiques.  It's a place you want to linger in, stay a while, walk around and take it all in.  It's place you want to take your friends and family to.  It's like a mini retreat where you can feel recharged once you leave there.  It's a place to sooth your soul with all the wonderful displays they have, the soaps and lotions and just the whole ambiance.  Seriously...  If there were a cafe there I'd sit and have lunch and then go back for more.

I just can't describe how awesome this place is.  Now my mother is sometimes hard on shops.  She notices every detail (in a quiet way) from how you are greeted at the door (and many times not) to the attention you will receive once inside the door.  She's not really into the antique scene like I am, but when we stop places she observes things.  She enjoys coming out to see me at the shows and she appreciates a good antique or junk find in my case, but to say that she lives and breathes the biz 24/7 like I do, no.  I think I get that gene from my dad.  He's just as obsessive about his coins as I am about what I do. 

So this weekend when we stopped here and believe me she truly enjoys stopping in for a visit, she paid the nicest compliment to Ed and Michael.  No she didn't say it directly to them, though she should have, but once we got in the truck.  She said "you know why this is store is so fantastic and I love coming here?  Of course I said no, why?  She said because I love how they always make us feel so welcome as soon as you walk in the door"!!

I want you to see too just how fabulous Leftover's really is.  I took lots of pictures of the shop.  Hope you enjoy:


















You can click on any of the pictures to see more.  Don't forget to stop in and see just how fabulous it really is the next time you're in Brenham Texas.  They are located on Highway 290.  Here's to the upcoming weekend and hope all the Mother's have a very Happy Mother's Day.

9 comments:

  1. I loved every, single, awesome picture you posted! I've always heard so many things about this store. You know, it IS important to greet your customers when they come in, to acknowledge them and make them feel at home. I've been doing that since the first day I opened, which is almost 20 years ago. Thanks again for the great eye candy.

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY what you mean about Leftovers!! Ed, Michael, Sandy, and the gang have a way of making you feel like family. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going there!! By the way, I'm glad I finally got to meet you in person at Zapp Hall. Hope to see you again soon!

    Take care,
    Tonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shop and a great compliment from your mom. I hope to make it there the next time I'm in the Round Top area. Everytime I see pictures of their shop it makes me want to see it in person.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Theresa,
    What a great place to visit. I see so many interesting and beautiful pieces. I wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Hugs, sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only been to Texas once in my life, and LOVED it! If I am ever lucky enough to go again, you convinced me to stop at Leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've gotta slow down and stop in there more often. I love everything they do. You photos really show off their taste and talent. ...PJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leftovers? They could leave some over at my house! beautiful stuff!

    happy Mom's day tomorrow!

    hugs. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you even believe that I have NEVER been there!!! I have to go -it's been on my list for a long time now! All the pics are gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day T!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, ooh, OOOOOOHH!! Don't visit TX much, but when we do... goin' there! :)

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: