Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I Love Saturdays!

I love Saturdays for finding treasures.  We usually head out early, not really knowing where the road will lead us or what we'll find and here lately I've really been pleased with what we've found.  Here's our truck loaded down:




Sorry for the blur, still trying to figure out the phone.  I loved the old chip stand we found and the pretty chair, but the best find which can barely be seen is the 8 foot long primitive table.  It's not very wide and has wonderful industrial legs, which is a weird combination because you would think it would have wooden legs.  They unscrew from the bottom which makes it unique.  The guy I bought it from said it originally belonged to his father-in-law and he had made it around the time of War World I, which gives you the age.  It's really a cool piece and you can find it this Fall at the Round Top/Warrenton Antique Show.

My husband always seems to find a bike or two.  I found lots of old clocks, which I was really happy to find because I was beginning to think they were all bought up. It seems that all the things I have been looking for lately are really getting harder to find.  It's a good day when I find things I've been looking for.  Here's a pic of the finds:




I also loved finding the child's ballerina shoes and leotard.  You can find all these things at one of our upcoming shows.  Keep watching our blog for more about where we'll be next and for an upcoming surprise.  I can't wait to share more about this with you.  Here's a small hint...it involves antiques!! Ha ha not much of a clue right, okay, here's another one and blogging. Still left you wondering? So check back soon to find out.  It's a good one I promise!!

3 comments:

  1. Is your surprise bigger than a bread box?
    Deb
    P.S. I want a closer look at that table. Set that bad boy up and give us a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some great stuff, Theresa! I love the clock, I have one just like it.

    I am privileged to know your surprise, but my lips are sealed!
    It's a good one, though!!!

    See you soon!
    XO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, you did find great "junk"!! I love old chip/advertising stands. I'm with Anne about the clock. I never come across ones like that but I keep looking!
    AND you're really the "tease" about your new surprise. I'm happy for you, whatever it is.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: