Sunday, February 23, 2014

Great Junk Hippy Roadshow

I wanted to tell you about the Junk Hippy Roadshow we were at yesterday.  When I first started hearing about this show I wasn't sure that I wanted to do a ONE DAY show.  I had done one day shows before and had found them to be unsuccessful.  Well that was before I discovered how big a crowd that the show promoter Kristen Grandi can get to attend her shows.  She draws in a huge crowd.  Women, Men, and children are lined up to get inside the door.  There's a sense of excitement here, non other that I've ever seen at a ONE DAY show.  You see huge crowds at Round Top or Fredericksburg Trade Days.  Actually, this last month at the Fredericksburg show they were lined up for awhile trying to get just inside the gates to park and then the buses came and you knew there was going to be a crowd.

Kristen rented three buildings this time and filled it up with great vendors from all over Texas and beyond.  We had a great time yesterday and met so many wonderful people too.  Here's a pic of our space there:

As you can see I took lots of small furniture and a miscellaneous of things.

Here are several vendors that were there this time too:

Sara with Barn Chic Antiques was in the last building.  I loved the bed and all her pretty clothes and things she brought.


I loved meeting Melissa with The Bake Shoppe.  She sold food at the show but I loved her set up too.  The fact that she uses all vintage items was a nice draw.  She'll be at a New Round Top Venue for the Spring Show, The Rendezvous.  I'll post more about this new show, but in the meantime check out their new Facebook Page and her's too, The Bake Shoppe and Cafe.


Next up was Lisa of Garden Cat:



I loved Paper and Lace's booth too.  They always have such fun things:



She had some really great pieces and Garden Items too.  If you missed seeing her she'll also be at the Huntsville Antique Show coming up in March.


And last but not least is Troy with Junk Exchange.  He makes wonderful slipcovers and has all sorts of great things that he sells at the Canton Tx Flea Market too.

We will be gearing up for our next show at Fredericksburg Trade Days in March.  Then Round Top/Warrenton will be here before you know it.  I also have my son's Birthday to plan before then.  Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures and synopsis of the show, Theresa. It all looks great and makes me want to consider being a vendor at one of her upcoming shows.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing a picture of my space, Theresa! It was so great to see you, and whoever said you give the best hugs is spot on! As always, your booth looked awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing you in March at Trade Days and Renck! Have fun prepping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore these kinds of shows, Ihave been yo Roundtop show and loved it! Wish I lived closer, it was a long trip in my tiny trailer but we had an adventure meeting the Junk Gypsies and Magnolia Pearl! Also Sue Whitney and I brought home a ton of stuff! I really don't need to do this anymore, But have great memories, and thanks for sharing! I Love your photos! Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the shout out for our space at JH.Your space looked incredible and was full of lots of fabulous treasures! Hope to catch up with ya soon down the blacktop. Peace, love, and happy junkin, Sweet T<3

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: