Monday, October 13, 2014

The Fall 2014 Show

The Texas Fall Antique Show came and went so fast that if I blinked I feel like I missed it.  The weather started out pleasant but quickly the humidity returned as did the fire ants.  However, since it was one of the best shows I've had tolerating both was worth it.

Being two weeks in a cow pasture is not for the weak.  You live in an RV, eat when you can, and somehow have the best time ever!  It truly is the best vacation, even though it's a working one, I've ever taken.  You see friends you only get to see twice a year.  People come in from all over the country, California, Arizona, Washington, Montana, New York, Georgia, Kentucky, just to name a few.

You see some of the best displays around.  No the things aren't just thrown on the ground, they are displayed in such a way you think why didn't I think of that.  You meet the best people that have become lifelong friends, friends share their life and what's been going on for the last six months.  They stop in not only to say hello but to give you a hug and a smile and sometimes to even ask you to pray for a fellow vendor that couldn't make the trip because of an illness or a situation that happened.  We are like family and you really cherish those moments.

It's also an annual treat to have a Blog Party in the cow pasture.  It was so great seeing those that turned out even though they'd worked hard all day, they still found time to come and enjoy each others company.  Hearing laughter reminds me why the party continues each season.  Here's the group that showed up this time:


I loved this pic of Tiffany and I


 I also had a contest to see who could make the best junk shirt/outfit from materials you had a the show.  This was Christie's idea and so glad she came up with it.  We were in competition with each other.  I'm wearing the Junk Shirt I made, that was fun.

There's always a party to attend at the shows.  Due to the traffic build up I wasn't able to attend the Leftover's Antique Show Party, but I heard it was a blast.  I did however attend the Country Living Party that was held at The Rendevouz at Gina's field.  Here we all are:



That was a lot of fun and her place was just decked out.

Finally, here are pics of my space at the show:






What a great time.  Can't wait for the Spring show.  I'm already planning for this show.

Just a reminder that the Fredericksburg Trade Days show is this coming Friday to Sunday.  Here's a small preview of what I'm taking.  Hope you're making plans to be there:





2 comments:

  1. Theresa, what a.great recap if a fantastic show. We lived having y oh. As our RV roomie although after.having slept.on the couch the last night, I feel.bad that you.had to endure that uncomfortable bed.
    Great pictures of great times and friends.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa,
    You may remember me as the Kettle Corn lady at Warrenton a few years ago. I also was one of the dealers at Bloom & Bee Swanky in Waco which is closed now. My husband and I are downsizing and preparing to move to the Canyon Lake area. I have two mall spaces I need to liquidate, and wanted to offer you the chance to purchase any or all items at a really good price. If you are interested in taking a look, just let me know whenever it's convenient for you. I do have some pictures I can send, also. Have a good show this week end.

    Susan Skinner
    sissyfox1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: