Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Do you remember as a kid Memorial Day Weekend marked the beginning of Summer, relaxing, going to the pool (or creek as we normally did), BBQ's, getting yourself covered in baby oil to get a suntan (before we realized baking in the sun is not very good for your skin) and no worries until September rolled around. Yes, we actually started back to school in September and now it seems kids start school so much earlier than we did.

This weekend is a special weekend for me and I'll reveal exactly why on Monday, so keep watching. I've spent the day getting ready to move into Winnie and Tulula's Antique Shop in Athens. This seems to be all the buzz on several blogs as there are really great peeps moving in this shop. I'm also trying to prepare at the same time for the Red Barn Antique Show in Round Top Tx on the last weekend of June. Since I work full-time, I have to take advantage of every weekend I can to get this done. So, since I was trying to organize things I've bought in the last few weeks, I thought I'd show you what I've gathered and go ahead and offer these things for sale. Which you can check out here.

I want to wish everyone a really great Memorial Day Weekend. I hope you are having fun and spending time with those that you really enjoy being around.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that the Red Barn opens in June; I might just have to make a trip out there.
    I hope you have a great weekend!
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great weekend also. Sounds like you are super busy.

    Ohhhh I do remember the days of going to the creek and the baby oil. That was the good ole days, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memorial Day is also the first day one can wear white for the summer!
    xo lulu-the-fashion-police

    ReplyDelete

I so enjoy your comments and you stopping by!

Thank you so much for following: